The User Research Lab at Ubisoft Paris is one of the largest and most experienced in the group. It manages game projects on a global scale, with a team of diverse skills that constantly strives to put the player at the heart of the experience.
Working closely with local and global game development teams, the User Research (UR) teams work to develop common pillars to align teams and projects across The Lab functions as a gas pedal, a hub where innovative methodologies are used to help and nurture the community's exchanges and enable them to prototype. Indeed, the UR team helps shape the features and breakthroughs of future games while being at the center of consumer empathy and understanding.
Leading the User research Lab, your missions will be built around several pillars:
- Lead the UR team that supports and operates game user research playtesting functions for Paris studio and Ubisoft worldwide projects
- Ensure compliance with budgetary or time constraints, communicate regularly and ensure a good internal visibility on each projects progress;
- Working with your management, define and deploy the vision, innovations and directions that the Lab and the UR business as a whole should take in the coming years;
- Drive constant innovation and actions plans towards ethics, inclusion, and accessibility
- Coach and help UR teams to develop a common language and define a clear framework for what user experience means at Ubisoft;
- Support the team growth, managing each member in a way that supports both their careers, performance and UR team missions
- Synthesize and prioritize research questions within the organization, working with design leadership and cross-functional product groups;
- Identify opportunities to improve user research operations by improving communication, workflow, facilities, process, tools, and documentation driving the required changes;
- Assess and connect our current research capabilities, working with our developer relations, market research, and other teams and efforts
- Create a bond of trust with development teams and the Ubisoft UR network, and keep a constant dialogue with them so you can co-build successful business strategies.
The number of years of experience is given as an indication, do not hesitate to apply if you are convinced this role fits with you.
Should you be able to share related experiences, such as :
- The equivalent of 8 years of experience in managing and leading multidisciplinary teams of increasing size;
- The equivalent of 8 years of experience leading user testing, UX research and/or other related research methodologies;
- A keen understanding of gamers' uses and new business models on various gaming platforms;
- A strong video game culture and a solid knowledge of the AAA and mobile market and its successes;
- A significant experience in team management: recruitment and staffing plan, integration, mentoring, evaluation of your team members, empowerment;
- Experience in the following areas:
- Ethics, Inclusion and Accessibility
- Change management/culture
- Gaming and/or service platforms
- You enjoy working on complex and ambiguous problem solving with competing expectations and priorities;
- You are constantly mindful of improving team productivity and workflow through automation, tool development and change management;
- You can speak and work in french and english.
One thing for sure, we expect and value the most a commitment to inclusion and an empathetic approach to leading people and to understanding user needs.