Within the production team of a realistic AAA game and under the responsibility of the Animator Director, you will be in charge of making animation pipelines & tools.
As such, your missions will be the following:
- Create and maintain an animation pipeline and DCC tools for gameplay and cinematic animators;
- Support animators, game designers, and riggers with their technical needs;
- Work closely with programmers to assess existing animation and rigging tools & occasionally design custom ones to improve pipelines;
- Collaborate with other core team members to develop the overall vision & determine technical feasibility;
- Review game design concepts & identify and analyze risks;
- Resolve complex, escalated issues & make technical validations;
- Support animators with procedural animation solutions;
- Create clear and concise documentation to explain technical implementation proposals and instruct users about tool usage and best practices;
- Anticipate technological advancements and stay up to date on market trends to define our best practices.
- You have already worked on several video game productions, ideally AAA projects, where you were responsible for animations technical needs as establishing scripting guidelines or standardizing the tool creation pipeline.
- Knowledge in Python is a must;
- You are proficient on Motion Builder, but also have knowledge on Maya and/or 3DS Max.
- You are rigorous, autonomous, reactive and have an eye for detail;
- You are known for your excellent communication and interpersonal skills so the coordination and dependency management with teams external to the project is smooth.