As a Technical Animator at Ubisoft Paris you will be working together with the team at Massive Entertainment to create a new story-driven open-world video game set in the Star Wars galaxy. Our goal is to create a game and a story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey, which will stay with them for years to come.
- Work closely with Technical Directors, Animators, 3D Artists and Programmers to support content production with high quality results in the context of the project
- Gather and analyze the needs of the Animators in order to script and develop tools, from animation production to integration and execution in the game.
- Train the animation team and the rest of the project to use these tools and provide technical support
- Collaborate with Programmers on technical issues such as asset performance optimization
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Contribute to debugging efforts on the project
- You have experience as a Technical Animator on a successful AAA project and are now showing autonomy and proactivity;
- The production pipelines (implementation, optimizations and constraints) and animation on a game engine (such as Unreal, Unity …) have no secrets for you;
- You have a good understanding of the issues related to real-time animation;
- You master different animation techniques: MOCAP, Keyframe, skinning, rigging, morph, IK, etc;
- You are able to train and teach your colleagues how to apply processes and use tools, thanks to your communication skills.