Ubisoft Paris Studio is looking for a VFX Artist to join the production team of a project in the early stages of production.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Understand the artistic direction and overall creative vision in order to establish visual effects priorities;
- Create environmental, gameplay and cinematic effects;
- Collaborate with programming teams to assess needs and improve VFX production pipelines;
- Work within technical constraints to ensure that effects are functional and optimized;
- Ensure the quality and artistic coherence of FX in line with the direction given by the Artistic Director.
- Ensure the proper integration of your VFX into the game engine;
- Monitor the technologies used in production.
- You have experience in dynamics, modeling, lighting and image processing, ideally on AA or AAA productions;
- You have in-depth knowledge of game engine particle editors and tools, texture and material creation, and 3D DCC (3DS Max, Maya, Houdini, Blender …) ;
- Autonomous and organized, you have experience in providing time estimates for VFX deliverables, participating in the project’s visual effects planning.
- You have excellent communication skills that enable you to collaborate with other departments and act as a bridge between your areas of expertise to enrich gameplay, accessibility and player experience.
- Experience with the Unreal engine and Niagara system is a plus.
- Experience with volumetric tools (real-time and precalculated assets (VDB)) is appreciated.