The Ubisoft Paris studio is looking for a Senior VFX Artist to join the production of a AAA project in early production.
As such, your missions will be the following:
- Understand the artistic direction and overall creative vision in order to prioritize the visual effects;
- Create environmental, gameplay and cinematic effects;
- Collaborate with programming teams to assess needs and develop new tools;
- Work within technical constraints to ensure that the effects are functional;
- Participate in the integration of your VFX into the game engine;
- Listen to the comments of the teams you collaborate with.
- You have experience in dynamics, modeling, lighting, image processing, ideally on AA or AAA productions;
- You have extensive knowledge of game engine particle editors and tools (Unity, Unreal …), texture and shader creation, and DCC 3D (Maya, 3DS Max, Houdini …) ;
- Autonomous and organized, you have the experience to deliver time estimates for VFX deliverables, participating in the planning for the project’s visual effects.
- You have an interest in discovering and learning new software;
- You have excellent communication skills that allow you to collaborate with other departments and be a bridge between your areas of expertise to enrich gameplay, accessibility, and the player experience.