## YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
Online Programmers are key in delivering the enjoyable connected experience players have come to expect from the Ubisoft gaming experience. Online Programmers face multiple challenges in developing, integrating and maintaining high-end service platforms. They are critical in ensuring that millions of players are simultaneously immersed in a seamless and rich game experience they can enjoy with their friends regardless of where and how they connect.
Anvil is Ubisoft's internal Game Engine used by many studios around the world to create the most iconic Ubisoft games and experiences.
As part of the Anvil Game Engine team, you will develop innovative Online features & systems and will contribute to create the game engine with the most powerful tools and services on the market.
## WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead investigation, design and implementation of class-leading online features;
- Design practical, scalable and reusable solutions, libraries and tools used for game development, monitor and live operations;
- Implement code that is modular, self-contained, defensive and tested;
- Profile and optimize code to meet performance, robustness and security requirements;
- Integrate online solutions into the game client;
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organizing and planning their own work;
- Help define good programming practices and coding standards, and ensure they are enforced within the engineering team through regular peer code reviews;
- Identify potential issues, raise flags and propose innovative solutions;
- Keeps abreast of changes related to online gaming within the industry, promote new technologies, methods and industry standards.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Computer Science and have at least 5 years of professional experience;
- Good general programming skills and knowledge of modern C++;
- Analytical, autonomous, rigourous and problem-solving mindset;
- Experience in creating and consuming webservices on large scale systems;
- Experiences working with Docker and Kubernetes;
- Interest in the video game market and online gaming.
## BONUS SKILLS
- Knowledge of CI/CD (Gitlab);
- Knowledge of server and database programming, distributed systems and online services;
- Knowledge of Config as Code solutions;
- Experience as fullstack web developer;