Ubisoft’s pioneering studio, Paris studio was responsible for the publisher’s first successes following its creation in 1992. Today, it is at the helm of such must-have licenses as Just Dance, Ghost Recon and Mario + The Rabbids. Ubisoft Paris has also built a solid reputation as a partner of choice in cross-studio collaborations such as Watch Dogs, Skull & Bones, Beyond Good & Evil 2 and Star Wars. Building on this experience, the studio continues to push the boundaries of creativity by working on some very promising yet unannounced projects.
With 750 talents of 35 nationalities, Ubisoft Paris is today the largest studio in France and one of the most experienced in the industry. Young talents can benefit from the strong presence of senior profiles in the creative, technical or artistic fields. Everyone is driven by the same passion: to push the limits of what is possible and to offer new experiences to our players.
Ready to join the adventure? Join us at the Paris Studio!
As part of the Online Team on one of our most iconic brands, you will design and implement online game features (matchmaking, social interactions, battlepass, etc) and the associated tools, leveraging a cutting-edge in-house C++ game engine and a mature online services environment.
Your main missions will include:
- Take ownership of game and technical features from conception to implementation to post-launch live support; your experience will help in designing innovative online features,
- Client-side programming:
– Maintain and improve upon the game’s multi-platform online engine in C++,
– Provide high-level platform agnostic APIs for other programming teams to leverage online features in the game,
– Support gameplay programmers in their usage of asynchronous online features,
– Design and write asynchronous and multithreaded code, focusing on high performance and low memory footprint.
- Design, implement and maintain pipelines and tools to operate our dedicated game servers and our internal tools, in collaboration with our operations team,
- Leverage Ubisoft standard online services and implement both public and internal custom services for game specific needs,
- Ensure communication, knowledge and tech sharing with technical and non-technical teams in a highly collaborative and international environment.
– Good knowledge of C++ programming: design patterns, multithreading, profiling and debugging,
– Experience with CI/CD (Gitlab), automation and DevOps oriented technologies (Docker, Kubernetes),
– Experience in the development and usage of REST APIs,
– Professional oral and written english,
– Rigorous, autonomous, curious, analytical and problem solving mindset,
– Real interest and motivation to discover this specific field of video games.
- Preferable Attributes
– Experience in backend programming and databases usage (Redis, MongoDB),
– Experience with Linux and Linux shell scripting