As a Level Artist at Ubisoft Paris you will be working together with the team at Massive Entertainment to create a new story-driven open-world video game set in the Star Wars galaxy. Our goal is to create a game and a story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey, which will stay with them for years to come.
- Being able to produce layouts autonomously following Gameplay intentions and the Art Direction
- Collaborate closely with Level Designers, Lead Artist and the Art Director to build outstanding layouts
- Create 3D assets and textures in line with the project’s artistic and technical direction
- Integrate assets into the game engine to set and dress a polished scene.
- Ensure the quality of your work in the game fits with Gameplay and Technical constraints and make improvements when necessary.
- Working closely with the Narrative and Art departments to conceive and design environments that are innovative and visually impressive
- Strong knowledge of the 3D software of your choice: Maya, 3DS Max, Blender..
- Abilities to create PBR materials (Substance suite)
- You have an appetite for visual storytelling, with an excellent eye for detail.
- Your compositional skills and understanding of the fundamentals of art (lighting, composition, color theory, etc.) are of an advanced level;
- You are a good communicator in English and show empathy, which allow you to clearly outline your ideas, collaborate with your peers, and develop strong relationships. French is a plus