As a Lead Programmer on our AAA project, you will manage a team of engine and 3D programmers. You will oversee the development of various game relevant systems and foster a good climate within the team to enable people and invest in their development. You will be working closely with the gameplay team, as well as other leads and people from different disciplines across different studios internationally, using agile methodologies to drive the work.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Lead a team of interdisciplinary programmers (engine, 3D) with a wide set of expertise (procedural generation, rendering, animation…),
- Mentor, manage and regularly review team members to continue building a cohesive and effective team,
- Foster a healthy collaboration of the various programming groups within the team, together with the project leadership group,
- Oversee and engage in architectural and systemic direction that is in line with the internal team as well as the lead studio,
- Work within the project's producing team to align on priorities and roadmap projection,
- Identify risks and opportunities presented during the development and provide solutions to resolve potentially complex problems,
- Go hands-on with the code yourself when the situation so requires.
- 7+ years of game programming experience with a focus on engine programmation,
- Experience with managing or mentoring a small or larger team of programmers,
- Proficiency in C++ ,
- Ability to adapt to and optimize existing systems,
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills,
- Understanding of multi-threaded principles,
- Ability to work efficiently with a large, existing code base,
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in an international team on several time zones,
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills in English (French is a plus),
- Willing to relocate to Paris, France.