As a Character Concept Artist, you will report to the project Associate Art Director and help to realize the creative vision by illustrating and communicating an inspiring visual direction for our artists during production. You will join a team of passionate, creative professionals who love to learn and push their craft and imagination to even greater heights. In your role as a Character Concept Artist, you will create memorable characters that exude a visually rich narrative that speaks to our players and breathes life into our virtual worlds.
- Help establish and convey the Associate Art Director’s vision through a wide array of concept art from sketches to paintings, storyboards, Key arts, mood boards and paint-overs to support art, design, and storytelling.
- Develop character concepts, props, gear, and a variety of cosmetics.
- Seek feedback on your work and give feedback to other artists in your team.
- Contribute to a collaborative, service minded and learning culture.
- A deep love for character creation and be a driving force in the Art Department to create a cast of iconic characters
- A specific taste for creating realistic character
- An artistic eye and understanding of multiple visual media and techniques.
- A broad knowledge of composition, perspective, colour theory, anatomy, real-world materials, and lighting.
- Intermediate knowledge regarding typography and graphic design.
- Experience with at least one 3D software package to use 3D as a foundation for paint work and pre-viz.