Within our Production studio in Montreuil, France, you will join the development team of one of our open world AAA projects, attached to the Content Director of Beyond Good and Evil 2. You will be a key stakeholder of all Design related technical decisions. You will play a role in listing and tracking Design project needs, creating efficient methods and tools and will be the main point of contact of game and level designers on design matters.
Your main tasks are as follow:
- Take part in defining the technical needs of the team. Your role is to help create the creative vision (both design and artistic) by validating and challenging our technical capacity to produce each feature.
- Work with the technical designers and our programming team to make sure our production team uses the best tools, both internal and external, in order to simplify the work of other production teams. This can be achieved by prototyping new tech elements, asking for improvements to existing tools, requesting new tools be made or by validating our tools before their deployment on our project.
- Create and maintain the documentation of our technical process. This helps us establish the best practices for our work and data structuring to improve teamwork and reduce bugs.
- Share your knowledge with the team so that the entire team improves on their own skillset. You will also drive your 3-people team towards its success.
- Keep track of new technical and technological developments at Ubisoft and in the industry in order to share these new learnings with our project. We expect you to become an advisor to the project and to discuss with your technical director peers on other projects, or other job families.
- Ensure your team participates in our optimization and debug efforts.
- You have already shipped at least one AAA open world game as a technical designer or a lead technical designer
- You have worked with several game engines and have used at least one terraforming or world building tool.
- You have an excellent level of communication in both written and spoken English.
- Previous experience in scripting (Python) or visual scripting would be a plus.
SKILLSET AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Capacity for writing technical documentation
- Ability to anticipate and handle stress and changes in your day to day work
- Knowledge of terraforming and world building tools as well as different game engines
The role is not open for 100% remote applications